How to use our Logo Design Engine
Before using the Instant Logo Generator, we suggest that you use either Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari web browser on your computer. Internet Explorer sometimes has issues rendering the logo images.
We have an entire collection of training videos on how to use our logo maker – click here.
This video is also a good starting point. It is a comprehensive overview on how to use our logo maker.
How to save an image
The Logo Design Process
- Step 1: Select a logo from one of the Instant Logo Designs available. Click on the logo image or the link below the logo image to go into the logo maker.
- Step 2: The first thing you probably want to do is change the text in the design. To do this, click or double click on the text you would like changed. The text will get highlighted and you will be able to change it to a name or phrase of your choosing.
- Step 3: Type in the text you would like displayed in the design. If you notice that your text is too big and spills outside the design area, you can change your font size to correct this. Select the font size took at the top right of the screen.
- Step 4: You can change the font type in the design. To do this, click on the text element that you would like changed. Once blue rectangle edit markers appear around the text, you will be able to change the font in the text element. Use the font selection tool at the top right of the screen to change your font as needed.
- Step 5: Change the color of the font using the color strip at the bottom of the screen.
or you can use the color selection pallet at the bottom left of the screen
- Step 6: To add text to the design, click on the font tool, then click onto the logo where you want the text to appear. Type in the additional text you would like in your logo design.
- Step 7: You can rotate, resize, change the font type, or even change the color of the additional text you added to the logo design. To rotate the text, click to select the text you would like rotated. Select the blue icon at the top of the edit rectangle around the text, then use your mouse to drag and rotate the text in either direction.
- Step 8: Once you are satisfied with your design, click on the Save icon at the top left of the screen and select the “Save and Download Logo” option
- Step 9: You will be directed to a page where you can view and download your logo design.
If you want to purchase the design and get vector files as well as your logo resized in various standard and custom sizes, select the buy it now button and for just $9.99 your logo files will be instantly delivered to you.
You can also scroll down to the bottom of the preview page where you will find a direct link to your logo file
How to change the color of an object
Note – this method works for changing the color of text too.
Step 1: Select the object you want to change by left clicking on it once
You will know you have selected if you either see a blue box or a blue dot appear
Step 2: Click on the fill tool at the bottom of the window – it looks like a paint bucket
Step 3: Select the color you want to change it to
Click OK and your color will be changed.
Overview on how the instant free logo generator works
How to use gradients in our free logo maker
How to use shadows in our free logo maker
How to ungroup a logo element
In some of our designs, we “group” the elements to make it possible to easily move the artwork around. Although some elements appear to be “stuck together” the truth is that any element can be ungrouped and customized. This means you can completely manipulate each element of our logo designs. To do so, you need only click on the element and click the ungroup icon. The image below describes how best to do this: